This article will explain why Transcendent makes a good CMMS system to improve maintenance operations in sports stadiums.
Why Stadiums Need Better Maintenance
Every year August and September, football stadiums around the country fill up with excited fans hoping to see their team start off the year with a victory. These same fans inevitably damage
stadium assets such as seats and restroom fixtures either through abuse or through added wear and tear.
In some cases assets may need to be replaced however, in other situations stadium assets can avoid being replaced with proper preventive maintenance, inspections and minor repair work. The key is having sports stadium maintenance staff be proactive and not always reactive.
Moving from a Reactive to Proactive Stadium Maintenance Operation
In order to have a proactive maintenance staff, they need to have the proper
CMMS tools that will help them organize and expedite the work management process. The reasons a CMMS system works so well for stadiums is that a CMMS gives maintenance management the controls they need by:
- Automating the work request and work order process thus reducing paperflow so time is not wasted fumbling through manual work orders and inspections checklist.
- Tracking the location and condition of all stadium assets by creating a user friendly database which eliminates the need for spreadsheets.
- Integrating mobile devices for speeding up work management such as using the handheld device to perform inspections or viewing a work order.
- Tracking all maintenance history on assets so that maintenance management can analyze the data and see where their most work is coming from every game and plan accordingly.
- Making asset inspections easy and much faster so that maintenance can be planned.
Together all these benefits of a CMMS streamline the work management process and enable more work to be done with the same amount of resources. The additional time saved is then used for proactive
preventive maintenance scheduling. The result is assets are kept in better working condition, need replacement less often, last longer and be more energy efficient (kitchen and electronic assets).