Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- How contract maintenance can affect your CMMS By David Berger, P.Eng., suggests 3 options for evaluating alternative CMMS support which really depend on the amount of control an organization wishes to maintain.
- Plant Engineering Energy Study: Less than half of manufacturers conduct energy audits Posted on Plantengineering.com, discusses survey results indicating that all parties involved in industrial energy management need to do a better job educating the end users on the value of a sound energy management program.
- IFMA Releases Sustainability How-to Guide For Waste Management Posted on IFMA.org, announces the release of “Waste: A Comprehensive Guide to Waste Stream Management, the guide covers the use of resources from harvest through manufacture/production, transportation, use and disposal of materials.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- FCC’s Net Neutrality Rules May Not Survive Court By Katy Bachman, notes that recent oral arguments suggest the provision that the FCC can force broadband providers to provide their service free to “edge” companies is likely to be struck down while the provisions for those that prohibit Internet service providers from blocking content will likely stay enforced.
- Comcast Tests EA-Powered Game Service for X1 Platform By Jeff Baumgartner, suggest that the gaming trial marks a further blurring of lines between set-top boxes and gaming consoles as cable MSOs look for ways to develop new revenue streams.
- Report Reveals More Consumers than Ever are Using Cable App By John Solit, summarizes a research report indicating solid growth for the use of tablet apps but also a lack of consumer knowledge about accessing them.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible – Gadsden Hotel By Stuart Smith. M.B.A.,M.S., reviews a recent episode of Hotel Impossible and what hoteliers can learn from it. This week’s program taught a lesson about staff management.
- Hotels spending billions to upgrade lobbies as gathering places By Scott Mayerowitz, tells us why U.S. hotels are forecast to spend $5.6 billion on capital improvements this year, up 10 percent from 2012 and more than double the $2.7 billion spent in 2010.
- Hospitality gets healthy Posted on hospitalitynewsmag.com, demonstrates the hotel industry’s need to accommodate a healthier lifestyle for guests.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.