Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Seasonal Asset Management and Maintenance Suggestions By Stuart Smith MBA, MS, covers why the Fall is the ideal time to use your EAM CMMS to reevaluate equipment settings as well as the maintenance planning for assets.
- Formulating an Effective Energy Efficiency Strategy with Measurement and Verification Posted on greenecon.net, discusses DOE finding that show lighting, cooling and ventilation account for nearly two-thirds of all energy consumption in a building and how energy audits are one part of controlling these costs.
- How to implement a new work management process By Tom Moriarty, P.E., CMRP, on how to meet maintenance management objectives by getting control and stability of work management processes.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- SCTE Targets Recycling In Cable By MCN Staff, on the industries next objective for sustainability standards which is the proper way to handle the ever increasing amount of obsolete CPE.
- FCC to Allow Mergers Between Cable, Non-Incumbent Telephone Companies By Paul Barbagallo, reports on the FCC decision to allow local phone companies and local cable providers to merge for the first time since 1996.
- Mobile Services and Cable TV Are Unexpected Allies By Amy Chozick, covers one of the probable outcomes of Verizon’s purchase of spectrum from Bright House Networks including the ability to cross sell company products in retail locations.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- THE TOP TEN HOTEL CHAINS ARE DEVELOPING MORE THAN 1,500 NEW HOTELS Is a summary of current hotel development plans by the top hotel chains.
- Overcoming the Concerns That Arise with Green Cleaning By Mike Sawchuk, suggest that age is a major factor when determining the use of green cleaning products and that the older the person the more effort must be made to sell them on green change.
- Hilton Worldwide Announces 2011 LightStay™ Sustainability Results Released by Hilton Corporate news, on the results of the companies sustainability measurement system and the achievement of their 5 year goal to reduce waste output 20%.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.