Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- A 50% Efficient Turbine Solution Posted on New Energy and Fuel, on the development of a small turbine system potentially capable of generating substantial energy efficiency in small modular nuclear reactors.
- Annual Energy Outlook 2012 By the DOE and EIA details energy needs, consumption, sources and trends through 2035. Of special note is that commercial and industrial usage accounts for over 40% of energy needs.
- Emergency Preparedness for Blackout Threats By Bryan Hill,on how facilities and business leaders can best prepare for extended blackout threats.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- The Cable Industry Should Rebrand Itself the Broadband Industry By Steve Birenberg, discusses the growing importance of broadband revenues for cable MSOs.
- Motorola Mobility Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit By George Winslow, reports on Motorola interest in staying competitive in the future of set-top boxes and video gateway devices.
- Moonves: CBS Would Succeed with General-Entertainment Network By Jon Lafayette, in an article about CBS getting restless also highlights, CBS’s frustration with DISH TV and their new Hopper DVR.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Best Practices for Effective Channel Management: Perspective for HotelsBy Ryan Haynes, provides several tips for maximizing occupancy rates including understanding who your clientele is as well as selling the entire guest experience.
- US hotels continue to push profitability By Patrick Mayock, reflects upon the new data from STR indicating that in 2010 and 2011 hotel profitability has increased in the US including increases in 21 of the top 25 markets.
- Keep Vacancy Rates Lower with a CMMS By Dave, promotes the use of maintenance planning to ensure that hotels have the most rooms available to increase profitability.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.