Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- The Mobile Worker — There Are 100 Apps for That! By Walt Boyes, explains why even the smallest companies can take advantage of the many mobile worker tools that are available.
- Many US bridges old, risky and rundown By Joan Lowy and Mike Baker, reflect on a report indicating that of the nation’s 600,000 bridges more than 10 percent had serious maintenance and/or structural issues including 7,795 bridges in significant disrepair and in danger of collapsing.
- Why you need to accurately document the history of your maintenance activities By Tim Kister, CMRP, explains why recording the maintenance history of each piece of equipment is so important. He makes a great analogy to Carfax.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Rep. Eshoo Proposes Retransmission Bill By John Eggerton, outlines the proposals set forth by Rep Anna Eshoo to be discussed at the hearing scheduled for September 11, 2013.
- Al Jazeera America debuts news channel to a small audience By Paul Farhi, reports on the debut of Al Jazeera satellite channel, a partisan free news channel. The real question is whether or not more cable MSO’s will carry the channel.
- 4K Video is Coming: Are Operators Ready? By Alan Breznick, states “Although 4K video is coming faster than many expected and the first UHD TVs are already in the stores, cable operators and other pay-TV providers may not be ready to support it.”
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Are Your Sustainability Initiatives Missing a Critical Component? A Perspective on Risk By Kevin A. Goldstein, has written an article that provide a perspective on several key areas of risk relating to utility efficiency.
- Hotel Impossible – Water Gap Country Club By Stuart Smith. M.B.A.,M.S., discovers that not having hotel experience is not always a fatal flaw and obstacles can be overcome with right energy and attitude.
- Hotel Impossible – Hotel Iguanazul By Stuart Smith. M.B.A.,M.S., recaps a recent episode detailing the importance of hotel maintenance and the use of hotel systems.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.