Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Coming Soon the Real Godzilla By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., revisits the situation at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant after revelations that radioactive water has been leaking into the ocean for the last two years and how the handling of asset and maintenance management has been an epic fail.
- Detroit Zoo giraffe? Belle Isle? Detroit’s treasure trove could be vulnerable to sale to settle debt By Mark Stryker and John Gallagher, report on Detroit’s City Managers acknowledgement that many of Detroit’s most prized assets may need to be auctioned off to meet the crushing $18 billion dollar debt.
- Benidorm’s prized high-rise tower becomes a symbol of incompetence By Ruben Esquitino, wrote a true, sad and yet hilarious article about how a 47 story skyscraper was built without an elevator marking the epitome of poor communication and asset management.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Unraveling The Cable Industry’s Spin On Unbundling By Jeff Bercovici, questions the facts being distributed by anti a la carte supporters. The article is a good read that resonates with most consumers.
- What CBS and Time Warner Cable could learn from Disney and ComcastBy Steve Donohue, discusses the opportunities being missed or ignored by CBS leadership in its dispute with Time Warner Cable. Most notable is that CBS is not offering any increased value in return for its demand for a 600% increase in retrans fees.
- Cable Using Wi-Fi to Extend Its Reach By Craig Leddy, looks at why MSOs are establishing a wireless presence. He explains that by deploying Wi-Fi hotspots, cable is extending its role in video, high-speed Internet, business services and possibly even mobile telephony.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- The Emerging “Digital Elite” By Glenn Haussman, reports on a survey by MMGY that says individuals owning and using at least two digital devices (a Smartphone and tablet) to plan and purchase travel services, is soaring.
- Luxury Hotels’ Oddest Professions By John O’Ceallaigh, tells of some interesting jobs at luxury hotels including a fireplace butler (I want to do this), a duckmaster and sun bed supervisor.
- Inspired by People, Imagined by Marriott – Next Generation Meeting Spaces Launching in Munich and Amsterdam From the Marriot News Center reflects Marriot’s attempt to have meeting spaces be more dynamic to keep pace and be more reflective of how work is being done in the workplace.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.