Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Get proactive with your maintenance By John Reeve, talks about how to have more proactive maintenance planning centering around having a full time maintenance planner and their role in an organization.
- Design for Reliability – Part 3 of 6 Posted by Marshall Institute, covers why systems reliability in subsea considers the degree of standardization in the equipment and in the tools used to repair and maintain the equipment.
- Outsourcing In FM Still Hot Topic Of Conversation By Heidi Schwartz, on the effect to facility management if 60% of the current facilities managers retire as expected in the next 10 years.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- What is Your Software Vendor’s Core Competency? By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., discusses why making sure the vendor who just sold you a CPE warehouse management system has a core competency in software.
- Time Warner Investing $25 Million in 1Gbps Fiber Network By Emily Price, reports on the intentions of TWC to invest in fiber broadband and how they are targeting businesses rather than consumers.
- Comcast’s Set-Top Accelerator Gains Traction By Jeff Baumgartner, reports on industry interest in Comcast’s Reference Design Kit (RDK), a software bundle for a new breed of IP-only and hybrid QAM/IP set-tops and video gateways.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- 10 Areas for Hotel Preventive Maintenance By Dave, lists ten areas of a hotel that require preventive maintenance in order to minimize operating expenses.
- Hoteliers fall off pace as satisfaction slides By Stuart Greif, on the recent decline in guest satisfaction which is directly correlated to building customers for life through repeat business and positive word-of-mouth recommendations.
- How to Improve Hotel Customer Service By Dave, discusses why interpersonal communications including hotel staff body language impacts guest satisfaction.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.