Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Engineer cost reduction By J. Stanton McGroarty, CMfgE, CMRP, is an excellent article that helps plant and facility professionals understand the importance of why getting your maintenance set up right in the first place can lead to significant savings.
- Life Cycle Costing is Critical in the Intelligent Buildings Industry Posted on Frost.com, says research indicates optimizing intelligent building investments needs to start reflecting the intelligence of making decisions based upon life cycle costing and not lowest cost purchasing decisions.
- Japan to fund ice wall to stop reactor leaks By Mari Yamaguchi, on the Japanese government’s decision to spend $470 million in a desperate attempt to stop hundreds of tons of contaminated water from going into the sea.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Amdocs Splashes Out $120 Million for Actix By Jeff Baumgartner, reports on AMDOCS continued expansion into the cable software by purchasing Actix for additional support services for mobile networks.
- CBS Deal Ends Time Warner Cable Blackout Ahead of NFL By Alex Sherman, reports that even though a settlement was reached, the conflict is a door opener for revisions to the 1992 retransmission consent rules. A change in the rules could truly change the cable landscape.
- New Study Spotlights Cord-Cheating Posted on lightreading.com, looks at recent survey findings that are helping to identify the cord-cheating phenomenon as a growing trend by consumers to seek on-demand content from third-party video services and OTT services, as an alternative to their Pay-TV provider’s on-demand offerings.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible – Litochoro Olympus Resort Villas and Spa By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., recapped an episode of Hotel Impossible that teaches hoteliers of all sizes the importance of having people willing to get their hands dirty to bring a hotel to its highest levels of success.
The next two articles go together as they represent the importance of monitoring online reviews, managing maintenance issues and customer service. My guess is that the hotel owner in the second article is not going to win.
- ‘Dirtiest Hotel’ Owner Loses TripAdvisor Lawsuit By Aditi Mukherji, discusses the basic issues of online hotel reviews according to the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- HOTEL SUES GUEST FOR 95K OVER BAD REVIEW, BEDBUGS By Michael Mire, is a simple story – guest gets bitten by bed bugs, writes a negative review, hotel doesn’t like it and sues. For me, it just another example of a hotel not putting the customer first and in the end the press that follows this story will drive them out of business.