Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Is Your Facility Ready for Hurricane Isaac By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., covers some quick tips for making sure your facility is ready for hurricane Isaac especially if your facility is prone to flooding.
- Biomass to Biofuel Breakthrough Goes Commercial Posted on New Energy and Fuel covers a new report on a new process for converting municipal waste, algae, and other feed stock directly into gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
- Be better than standard reliability By Heinz P. Bloch, P.E., discusses why every maintenance event is an opportunity to determine if upgrading is possible.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- What We Know—and What We Don’t—About Apple TV By Alexander Eule, on when Apple comes into the TV business, it will come big. Will it sell its own flat screen TVs? Unlikely. Will it change TV as we know it? Probably.
- FCC turns down stay request on cable broadcast viewability By Dave Seyler, covers a FCC ruling allowing the requirement that cable systems provide both an analog and digital version of must-carry television stations to sunset.
- The challenge for cable news By David Frum, talks about the changing environment for cable news networks and how social media such as Twitter is changing how people get breaking news.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Hell – The Worst Reality TV Show Ever By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., covers the first episode of the new reality TV show and concludes it has no value to hoteliers.
- Hotel Lock Firm’s Security Fix Requires Hardware Changes For Millions Of Keycard Locks By Andy Greenberg, on what could be an agonizing issue for Onity after their locks were shown to be easily hacked.
- How Hotels Can Make a Good Impression By Dave, gives hoteliers a quick reminder of how to make a good guest impression early in their stay.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.