Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Saving Detroit, Rosie and History By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., questions how much of Detroit’s history will be lost if city leaders fail to take a proactive position on asset management.
- Lean, Clean, and Green: Trends in Interior Maintenance By Diane M. Calabrese, is a good article that should be read by any facility manager who has inherited a facility that needs to be updated.
- Changing the way we measure performance – Planning and Scheduling (Pt1) By Daryl Mather, discusses how maintenance planning and scheduling affect risk and efficiency of operations.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cable Model Needs Urgent Fix By Alan Breznick, summarizes the thoughts of two long-time MSO executives who are concerned that cable executives are not adapting to modern demand and using their broadband strength to their advantage allowing new companies to gain a foothold.
- Google Chromecast the best way to watch TV By Farhad Manjoo, gives a pretty good accounting of Google’s new streaming device and how it compares to Apple TV.
- Only Seven Percent of TV Households Rely on Over-the-Air Signals, According to CEA Study Press release from New research released today from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) indicating that antenna only households are still in decline. The key words here are antenna only because it does not separate out internet plus antenna users which may actually be growing.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- More hoteliers look to offer rooftop bars By Samantha Worgull, examines why hotel rooftop bars are popping up in most major cities nationally and internationally. The main reason – they are very very profitable.
- Intelligent Upselling In the Hospitality Business By Mike Waite, demonstrates how intelligent upselling starts with the guest because generic offers that miss the mark are easy to dismiss.
- The Trouble With TripAdvisor By Martin Kelly, reports on how TripAdvisor’s development of its own search engine has changed the playing field and not necessarily in a good way for hoteliers.