Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- How to Estimate the ROI of a CMMS Posted on iwmsnews, gives a high level overview of the data needed to calculate CMMS ROI.
- Services & Maintenance: Honing In On Pest Birds By Ron Harrison, Ph.D, writes an interesting article on how to handle the millions of dollars in damages that birds cause to facilities every year.
- Hmmmm – Funny Asset Management Failures By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., shows what happens (photo funnies) when a lack of communication between planners and contractors followed by failures to perform inspections of work in progress and lastly just sheer stupidity.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- More U.S. Households Use Roku vs. Apple TV or Other Streaming Video Media Devices Posted on Fiercecable.com, is a synopsis of how the market for streaming and connected TV is changing.
- Major U.S. Pay TV Providers Lost 345,000 Subs in Q2 By Jeff Baumgartner, covers the latest Leichtman research Group findings that show that cables MSOs lost another 345,000 subscribers during the 2nd quarter of 2013 but the top telecommunications companies gained 373,000. Unknown is how many of the cable subs left for the Telco’s versus cutting the cord.
- Google Fiber, Comcast Prep for Battle By Alan Breznick, examines the pricing strategy being employed by both Google Fiber and Comcast in Provo Utah. The scenario is bound to be repeated wherever Google Fiber goes.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible – Abacrombie Inn By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., is a recap of the season’s first episode and what hoteliers can learn. This week’s episode centered around problems that occur when people do not have passion for their work.
- From Guest Demands To Dolphin Tanks, Hospitality Facilities Face Challenges Going Green By Casey Laughman, on why building systems have to be able to handle extreme temperature swings in an efficient manner. The article also had a great quote from Leeny Jachimowicz, VP of Engineering with Marriott International – “The No. 1 consideration for a hospitality facility is to keep guests happy, because energy savings don’t matter if nobody’s willing to book a room.”
- Brazil World Cup Hotel Prices Are Surging as Much as Sixfold By Tariq Panja, reports on what is destined to become a major public relations disaster for the Brazilian government and F.I.F.A. as hotel prices are already skyrocketing a year before the World Cup is to begin.