Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Olympic Sports Venues, the Price of Beauty By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS, poses the question if the money spent on Olympic venues is worth the return to the U.K. and the people. He also provides a table of Olympic growth since the inception of the modern Olympics in 1896.
- Tailor your maintenance program for each asset By David Berger, P.Eng., talks about the need to optimize maintenance using CMMS according to the type of work needed.
- Facilities Operations Software – Streamlining the Facility Maintenance Process By Woody Wilson, provides some practical advice when shopping for facilities software including understanding your needs and training.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Google may ditch Motorola’s set-top box unit — but it shouldn’t By Rachel King, suggests that if Google goes ahead with plans to divest itself of Motorola mobility then it would be shooting itself in the foot.
- The Golden Age of Cable By Tom Silva, looks at the relationship between the general economy, Hollywood and cable and that cable is in it s golden era despite recent indicators of cord-cutting and Netflix encroachment.
- Fox News and Time Warner Cable strike new deal By Joe Flint, talks about the recent deal between the two media giants which realized that each of them needs the other to remain competitive.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Could this be the scariest hotel swimming pool ever? By CNNGo staff, reports on a hotel in Shanghai, China that has part of its pool hanging over the edge on atop the 24th floor. Definitely not for travelers suffering from vertigo
- Hotel Impossible Dream Inn By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS, looks at the final episode of Hotel Impossible in which poor management was the obstacle to success.
- Understanding CapEx requirements during sale By Benjamin C. Tschann, discusses the importance of having and understanding the CapEx and FF&E reports when buying a hotel property.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.