Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Why the Extreme Heat Wave Is Not Asset Management Friendly By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., discusses how high heat effects assets constructed of metal and how to minimize the impact of extreme heat events such as the one going on in the southwest and west coasts last week.
- Asiana Airlines Crash: Pilot Had 43 Hours Flying Boeing 777 By Christina Ng, Matt Hosford, Alexis Shaw, Leezel Tanglao and Dean Schabner, profile the events of the recent airline disaster leaving open questions as to whether it was training issue, pilot error or mechanical failure.
- 40 still missing in deadly Canada oil train crash By Benjamin Shingler, reports on the Quebec disaster that is the fourth freight train accident in Canada under investigation involving crude oil shipments since the beginning of the year. Of note is that the company believes the train’s brakes were the cause.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Apple Said to Near Time Warner Cable Deal for TV Programs By Adam Satariano & Alex Sherman, report in what may be the first deal between Apple and a major MSO to bring content access to subscribers via Apple TV.
- Cable operators embrace over-the-top video, but studios thwart Netflix, Hulu options Posted on Fiercecable.com, talks about the battle over cable operators letting a consumer use a Netflix unlimited streaming video subscription to stream TV shows and movies directly to their TVs.
- Boxee Bids Adieu to Cloud DVR By Alan Breznick, is an article less about Boxee ( a recent cable MSO nightmare) than it is about Samsung gaining an interface to support its market position with a new lineup of smart TVs and cable set-top boxes.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- New Lava Dome Spotted at Mexico’s Popocatépetl By Erik Klemetti, is a science based review of the events at Mexico’s volcano that has disrupted flights and hospitality for the last week. The most interesting note is that a new lava dome has been spotted which is not good news and has yet to be picked up by the major news outlets.
- Hyatt’s ‘digital hotel’ boasts optimal Wi-Fi By Jason Q. Freed, on how offering WI-Fi actually benefits hotels because it allows them to learn about their guests, including location, loyalty, spending habits and satisfaction.
- Five Areas in a Hotel Room where Handicap Accessibility Can Be Improved By Amy Bair, looks at ADA from a customers point of view and how hoteliers can benefit by having a greater understanding.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.