Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- What is Wear and Tear? By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., looks at how wear and tear impacts asset lifecycles and ROI by examining the variables that contribute to wear and tear as well as the maintenance care of assets.
- Taking the first step toward energy efficiency By Mary Ramsey, says that energy is no longer a static budget item and should be treated as a changing raw material cost in order to get started toward true energy efficiency.
- 2013 Computerized Maintenance Management Software Benchmark Report By Michael Koploy, reviews a report about organizations using CMMS, EAM ERP software and how well it is fitting their needs.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- DOCSIS 3.0 Strikes Bonanza By Alan Breznick,
reports that according to ABI Research, CPE hit a new high of 144.9 million units thanks in large part to the growth of DOCSIS 3.0 (the new cable standard technology)
- UPDATE 2-Fox loses appeal over Dish’s ‘Hopper’ ad-skipper By Jonathan Stempel, reports on a recent federal appeals court decision permitting DISH TV to continue sales and marketing of its ad skipping device. The court said Fox et al… failed to showed copyright infringement or breach of contract.
- CBS Ads Step Up Retrans Fight and Meredith counters plummeting ad revenue with increased retrans fees Demonstrates how significant retrans fees issues are for Cable MSOs.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- WiFi Is The Key to Stress-free Travel By Melanie Nayer, Discusses a recent survey from InterContental Hotels Group of 1,000 frequent business travelers indicating 62% of people consider Internet access the most important hotel amenity. Good news for travelers wanting free WiFi as more and more hotels now provide this amenity as free.
- Time To Give Guests What They REALLY Need From A Hotel By Doug Kennedy, is a nicely done concise article about how hotels can provide some basic amenities for guest including distilled water and universal chargers for cell phones.
- A market segment you can’t afford to ignore By Patrick Mayock, talks about the Hispanic population which take over 50 million trips per year questions why they do not seem to be a primary marketing target especially since they have the 2nd highest use of smart phones.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.