Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- What Would the Ideal Hospital Look Like in 2020? By Joseph Flaherty, looks at the hospital of the future as the industry integrates technology and style to change the traditional image.
- Preventing Corrosion in HVAC Systems Posted on FMLink, is a synopsis from a BOMI International course that reviews 8 corrosion factors and how to reduce the impact of corrosion.
- Reducing Water and Sewer Costs By Larry Spielvogel, P.E., explains at the quantitative benefit from getting using smaller water meters for facilities as well as getting involved with the local governments that set rates.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- How Cracked is the Golden Cable Egg? By Stuart Smith M.B.A.,M.S., takes a deeper look at the pressures being exerted on the Cable industry both internal and external to provide a better understanding of the state-of-the-industry.
- How the Supreme Court could decide the future of broadcast television By Scott Bomboy, covers the latest legal defeat of broadcasters looking to stop Aereo as the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals said it wouldn’t revisit its April ruling, in which a three-judge panel refused to issue an injunction halting Aereo.
- Google Said to Weigh Supplying TV Channels By Brian Stelter, reports on Google’s movement into cable the programming arena that if launched, could have major implications for the traditional TV systems by creating new competition for pay-TV operators that are already struggling to retain video subscribers.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Records Management Matters; What Senior Managers Ought to Know By Kevin Dwyer, is a good article detailing the role of the records manager, changes to technology and how good records management impacts an organization.
- IHG’s Extended Stay Brands Focus on Digital Marketing By Deidre Wengen, reviews IHG’s newest digital video advertising campaign. Could this type of advertising soon dominate what we see and hear about hotels?
- Hotels’ family-friendly claims can be exaggerated By Christopher Elliott, tells us that because family travelers are such a sought-after demographic, many hotels are making claims that they just can’t back up.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.