Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Battling Aging Pipeline Infrastructure By Vincent T. Rice on the use of slip lining technology inserts to extend the useful lifecycle of aged underground stormwater and wastewater pipelines.
- Why EAM CMMS Software Customization Equal Culture Change By Stuart Smith MBA, MS discusses how much should organizations have to change in order to accommodate technology and how much should the software be customized to fit current operational practices?
- Take credit for maintenance improvements By J. Stanton McGroarty, CMfgE, CMRP on the importance of increasing the visibility of maintenance successes in an organization including the use of a CMMS.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Andy Griffith left big mark on broadcast and cable landscape By Joe Flint on how reruns of his show helped build the local television station business and cable industry ranging TBS to Viacom.
- The End of TV and the Death of the Cable Bundle By Derek Thompson on how the combination of Viacom’s dispute with Direct TV and a federal ruling in favor of Aereo has opened a huge door for a-la-carte content viewing that is bound to grow.
- Microsoft and NBC Complete Web Divorce By Brian Stelter on Comcast’s acquisition of Microsoft’s 50% stake in MSBNC.com essentially confirming the cable MSOs importance in developing digital distribution channels.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel management changes cause complications By Teresa K. Goebel covers 5 critical areas to be planned on when transitioning hotel management.
- It’s Not the Error; It’s How You Correct It By Ed Watkins talks about why customer service and problem resolution should be at the top of a hotel GM’s agenda.
- Stuffed Giraffe Shows What Customer Service Is All About By Chris Hurn is a feel good article about customer service exceeding expectations at a recent stay at the Ritz-Carlton.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.