Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section, we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Choose the right tool for vibration analysis By Mike Bacidore provides an in-depth discussion on vibration analysis, the importance of collecting quality data as well as a handful of vendors.
- Finding the Biggest Oil Field of All Posted on New Energy and Fuel on the oil estimates under Russia estimated at 80 times the size of Bakken field in North America making it the worlds largest supply of oil not fully developed.
- Deploy maintenance resources with customer service in mind By Tom Moriarty, P.E., CMRP discusses how well know companies succeed by having efficient services and how this could be related to maintenance deployment.
In this section, we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- A Landmark Week for Cable: How History Beat The Broadcast NetworksBy Michael Schneider reports that for the week ending June 3, History ranked as the No. 1 network among total viewers. This includes all the major broadcast networks.
- Did Xbox Kill the Pay TV Industry Yesterday? By Troy Dreier on Microsoft’s announcement of major new streaming video content offerings for the Xbox 360including access to ESPN channels.
- HBO v Netflix: an epic struggle unfolds By Emily Bell questioning how HBO will handle the mounting pressure to make available its popular shows for on-demand content providers.
In this section, we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible Southern Oaks Inn By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS recaps the latest episode noting that the impact of poor hotel management can affect all aspects of hotel operations.
- Best Western introduces new cleaning technologies By Best Western International: although I normally don’t include press release information the idea of using UV lights and other new technologies to keep rooms clean fits in well with one of the basic premises of my series on Hotel Impossible.
- Six Questions Hoteliers Should Ask to Evaluate Sustainable Technologies By Kevin A. Goldstein hammers home the importance of communication between hoteliers and technology vendors to ensure that sustainability objectives are met.