Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- A Call for Governance and Standardization of Engineering and Technology to Improve Solution Lifecycle Value By Valentijn de Leeuw reports on the results of an international conference discussion of lifecycle management as well as the link between sustainability and solution lifecycle management.
- The Importance of Training on IWMS for Employees By Tim Hoff, discusses the value of training that applies not just to IWMS but to all enterprise level software solutions.
- CMMS- Your Maintenance Spreadsheets Can’t Do It Posted on Workwise drives home the point that spreadsheets are an archaic method for maintenance management.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Is The Pay-TV Industry Divided Over Ad Skipping? By Trefis Team on the different approaches that Dish Network and cable giants are taking to protecting their revenue streams. Despite the debate, the real question is whether or not the decades old advertising model is still viable.
- Pay-TV: Too Costly to Replicate Online? By Jeff Baumgartner reports on an interview with thePlatform CEO, Ian Blaine on the future of over-the-top video as a result of business deals being made today.
- Economic bummer: 6.9 million homes ditch cable TV Posted on the Washington Examiner citing that cord cutting is not nearly as much of an issue as recessionary issues, specifically noting that the number of Americans watching free TV has surged.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible New York Boutique Hotel By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS recaps the latest episode of Hotel Impossible which was about a hotel with an identify crisis compounded by hotel management that was overwhelmed.
- Why Water Conservation Matters to Hotels By Keith Reichardt talks about the dilemma hotels face in balancing guest satisfaction with water conservation initiatives. A good article.
- Walk in your Customers Shoes By John Tschohl teaches that one way to find out how well your hotel is handling customer is to either be a guest or pretend to be a guest looking for a hotel. This will tell you how your employees are really doing.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.