Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Schools Out, Maintenance is Not By Stuart Smith, M.B.A.,M.S., notes that summertime is the ideal time for school boards and school administrators to focus on the asset management principles.
- Common Myths of P-F Intervals in Predictive Maintenance By Daryl Mather, takes a look at 4 myths that still surround potential failure including inspection frequencies, the use of predictive maintenance and interval analysis.
- Can plant data and contractors coexist? By Mike Bacidore, discusses an issue that any organization that uses contractors for work. The heart of the issue is who takes responsibility for actions.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Shrinking video subscriptions will lead to cable TV consolidation By Michael Fowlkes, Rising content costs and a declining subscriber base are squeezing cable MSO’s into a more mature industry environment probably leading to a new round of merger’s and acquisitions.
- Here’s Why The TV Apps Economy Will Be A $14 Billion Business By Michael Wolf, reporting on new research suggesting that TV apps is expected to be greater than $14 billion in less than 5 years due primarily to web guide interfaces and consumer demand for streaming on mobile devices.
- Apple’s ‘wand remote’ could read fingerprints to identify viewers By Steve Donohue, covers Apple’s recent Patent filing for “scroll bar with video region in a media system”.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Changing expectations at breakfast By Ed Watkins, reviews how breakfast at hotels has changed over the last decade as guest expectations levels have evolved.
- Google Carousel: The New Feature Hoteliers Can’t Afford to Ignore By Sue Wiker, is included because all hotel marketing managers should be aware of the changes that have occurred when using Google searches.
- The Wild West of Star Ratings By RevPar Guru, explains that many hoteliers are missing an opportunity to substantially increase revenues by not working the hotel star ratings.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.