Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- EAM & CMMS Systems, 10 times more data in the system or 10 time less done with the data available? By Bjarni Ellert Ísleifsson, CMRP discusses the massive amounts of maintenance data being collected and how it is used.
- 9 Tips on Optimizing Instrument/Equipment Maintenance By Howard Rosenberg, Ph.D. offers some good tips to new and expanding life science companies who often rely on very expensive technology.
- Can you predict and identify failure before it happens? By the Marshall Institute offers a pretty well detailed checklist that can be used to identify failure before it happens with a reasonable lead time that could be used to order the damaged parts and receive it to minimize costs.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Boxing match: everybody seems to want to get into the set-top game By Jim Barthold on the competition heating up to control set-top devices including the likes of Intel, Apple and Google.
- Cisco Sees Carriers Buying Into Architectures By Craig Matsumoto discusses why Cisco is hedging it future on the need for vendors to have one-stop shopping.
- Justice Department Opens Antitrust Probe of Cable Industry By James R. Hood reports on the Justice department opening up anti-trust investigations in the cable industry.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Room Germs Abound on TV Remotes, Light Switches From HealthDay News on where the highest and lowest levels of bacteria and contamination are found in hotel rooms.
- Hotel Impossible Fiddlers Inn By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS covers the latest episode of featuring the Fiddlers Inn a gift shop masquerading as a hotel that needed to be reinvented.
- Major hotel companies launch standardized approach to carbon measurement The World Travel & Tourism Council and 23 leading global hospitality companies, are launching a methodology to calculate and communicate the carbon footprint of hotel stays and meetings in a consistent and transparent way that everyone can utilize.
- It’s Time Again to Invest in Hotel Technology By Ed Watkins on why now is a great time to invest in hotel technology covering three primary reasons: to boost revenues, to enhance operating efficiencies and to increase guest satisfaction.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.