Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- CMMS Can’t Change The Maintenance Culture By Paul Lachance short article raises some interesting points on why organizations may not be getting the most out of there investment in CMMS.
- Park and Recreation Maintenance for the 2012 Top Beaches By Stuart Smith MBA, MS talks about the common maintenance theme that makes a beach special.
- Using Apps To Eye Energy Use By Anne Vazquez, tells the first round winners of the DOE contest to develop mobile applications for monitoring energy use.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Don’t Mean To Be Alarmist, But The TV Business May Be Starting To Collapse By Henry Blodget is a very article questioning whether the TV industry as we knew it is going obsolete like newspapers did.
- The Apple Television Is Coming, And This Is Why It’s Going To Be Revolutionary By Jay Yarow discusses why Apple TV will revolutionize the TV industry including its interface design and the ability to run games and applications.
- How the Dish Networks’ Ad-Zapping ‘Hopper’ Could Change the TV Industry, But Not Yet By Larry Woodard weeds through the commotion over DISH TV’s Hopper to realize the issue is really the beginning of a different war about consumer control over sponsored content. His article would support Henry Blodget’s perspective (listed above).
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Welcoming Summer Without the Pests By Patrick T. Copps, MS, B.C.E. gives hotel maintenance management a few tips to avoid insect infestations at hotels for the summer months.
- Top 8 Hotel Pet Hates By Andrea list 8 common guest irritations at hotels ranging from hidden WiFi fees to poorly maintained amenities/fixtures.
- Hoteliers mull disaster insurance options By Kerri Fivecoat-Campbell writes about how rising insurance deductibles are forcing hoteliers to adjust their coverage options.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.