Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- How late is okay for maintenance work orders? By J. Stanton McGroarty, CMfgE, CMRP, posted a quick article explaining that you are wasting time if you are tracking work not done on time if you are sacrificing wrench time to do the tracking.
- Asset management systems increase reliability and efficiency By Augie DiGiovanni and John Renick, is a very nice article explaining the virtues of asset management in relation to work management and capacity planning.
- Commercial and Retail Buildings to be the Fastest Adopters of Remote Monitoring Services in Intelligent Buildings A press release by IHS explains how remote monitoring service providers have found success with commercial and retail end users by demonstrating the effectiveness of the systems in trial deployments leading to high growth.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- BlackArrow Targets Live TV Ads By Alan Breznick, reports on new software designed to enable pay TV providers the ability to insert ads into linear video programming (multi-screen video packages).
- This Announcement From Samsung Should Have Cable Companies Quaking By Dave Thier, discusses Samsung’s announcement that its’ new technology will allow users to transmit massive data files including high quality digital movies practically without limitation.
- Why a la carte cable won’t save you as much as you think By Timothy B. Lee, discusses a 2008 study, where economists Adam Rennhoff and Konstantinos Serfes tried to simulate the economic consequences of an a la carte rule and the impact on consumers.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotels Can Get Their Hurricane Game Face on with Checklist for 2013By Stuart Smith, M.B.A.,M.S., covers how using checklists to prepare for the hurricane season is a great way for hotels to minimize storm impact.
- Changing trends in mobile technology By Ed Watkins, talks about the number of people using smartphones is now around 50% making a mobile technology strategy a must for hoteliers.
- Hottest Hotel Pools Around the World By Melanie Nayer, provides a list of 10 of the world’s hottest/coolest hotel pools stretching from Hawaii to the Caribbean.