Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Switching PM Gears For Fast And Furious Maintenance By Paul Lachance, talks about why relying only on a calendar for maintenance leads to wasted time and work.
- Energy Costs Controlled for Commercial Buildings with New Advanced, Integrated Lighting and HVAC Automation System By GE Lighting, announcing the collaboration between GE Lighting and Trane to bring facility managers an advanced centralized building automation system to control energy costs in commercial buildings.
- Figures don’t lie, but liars figure: What are your plant stats really saying? By J. Stanton McGroarty, CMfgE, CMRP, discusses why accurately filling out work order information can avoid misleading situations and enable management to distinguish the real problems.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Google Takes Fiber TV to the iPad By Mari Silbey, reports on Google fiber upping the ante for Cable MSOs again by offering an iPad app for its fiber TV service.
- Time Warner Cable looks to push DVR recordings to mobile devices By Steve Donohue, reports in TWC’s recent patent application Technique for Securely Communicating Programming Content
hatwould allow subscribers to transfer TV shows and movies stored on a DVR to PCs, smartphones andtablets.
- Nielsen Gets Digital to Track Online TV Viewers By Amol Sharma, reports on Nielsen’s announcement of testing new tools to monitor digital content in a move designed to update its traditional methods of counting viewership.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Why Hotel Energy and Asset Management Got Married By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., is the first part of a two-part article discussing the relationship between hotel energy management and asset management.
- The Heart of Hotel Energy Management By
Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., is the second part of hotel energy management covering the critical elements of a hotel energy management plan.
- The End of the Luxury Market as We Know It? By Jean Francois Mourier, looks at the decline in luxury statistics such as RevPar and associates this with the consumer trend to find greater value.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.