Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- How to Maintain an Equipment Registry By Bob Schindler discusses why the equipment registry is the foundation of planned maintenance, lubrication training and repair programs as well as how it should be set-up.
- Keep the compressed air lines dry By Chris E. Beals talks about the effects of condensate water forming in compressed air lines including shortening the useful lifecycle and contaminating product.
- Count the Paper Clips By Ken Burkhalter, CFM relates how sometimes a simple tasks can start a chain of events leading facilities to better understand their operating metrics.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cable’s Cloudy Future By Todd Spangler continues to point out that technological changes are and will continue to impact how cable MSO conduct operations especially with CPE management.
- Consumers, not media industry, will drive innovation By Joe Flint is another article on how a new generation of consumers and technology is destined to change the cable landscape. The real question is to what extent will cable business models change?
- Analysis: Broadcasters Hopping Mad Over Dish’s Ad-Skipping DVR By Mike Farrell talks about the uproar that an ad-skipping DVR is causing with the 4 major networks and the cable industry over a perceived loss of revenue.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible La Jolla Cove Suites By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS recaps the week’s episode of hotel impossible and the maintenance organizational challenges hotels face.
- Exceptional Customer Service is Not Complicated By Steve Curtin reminds us that one operating metric that has not changed much in over 30 years is the impact of a rude or unresponsive hotel employee to a guest issue.
- Beverly Hills Hotel marks 100 years as stars’ discreet retreat By Jessica Gelt: This story was included because it shows that a well maintained hotel can survive the test of time and thrive.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.