Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- What are You Doing Memorial Day? By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., reflects on the origination of Memorial Day and the maintenance care that each National Cemetery needs to have so future generations can remember the sacrifices of others.
- NOAA predicts active 2013 Atlantic hurricane season Posted by NOAA, predicts a very active hurricane season starting June 1, 2013. Proper preparation is needed for all assets that can be affected.
- 11 Tips for Purchasing a Walk-in Cooler or Freezer By U.S. Cooler, provides a list of things to consider before purchasing a new walk-in cooler such as a correctly sized refrigeration system, compliance and the hidden extra costs.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Xbox One Instant Switching Turns The Console Into A Voice-Powered Set Top Box With Live TV Integration By Jordan Crook, on the new Xbox design that allows instant switching. You can to switch between inputs, games, menus, Internet Explorer, and almost anything else almost instantly.
- Economic interests of cable companies are diverging By Bob Fernandez, discusses the challenges Powell is facing as the cable industries front man in Washington.
- Who are broadband only subscribers? By Steve Donohue, examines why many industry observers insist that the increase in broadband only subscribers are proof that consumers are cutting the cord in droves on pay TV.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Are you turning your back on your guests? By Patrick Mayock, ponders if hotel managers are really paying attention to the online feedback from guest. Online complaints should be addressed with the same level of importance as a face-to-face complaint.
- The ROI of business travel and its future By Joyce Gioia, discusses how important hotels are to the business traveler. “In fact, for every dollar invested in business travel, Oxford Economics determined that businesses experience an average $12.50 in increased revenue and $3.80 in new profits.”
- U.S. Summer travel forecast: Better, but no blowout Posted on Hotel Marketing, reports that the coming summer season will be positive but still far away from travel of 5-6 years ago.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.