Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Maintaining Control of a Hectic Airport By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., takes a look a look at the challenges hectic airports face today and the relationship between asset management, theft and security.
- 4 steps to defining maintenance roles By David Berger, P.Eng., talks about how not defining organizational roles and responsibilities can lead to a failed CMMS implementation.
- Presidential Proclamation — National Building Safety Month, 2013 By the Office of the Press Secretary, declares May 2013 as a month to pay tribute to professionals who design, construct, and secure our infrastructure.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Hulu In The Hands Of The Cable Companies Would Negatively Impact Netflix Posted in Seeking Alpha, looks at the financial impact that Hulu will have in promoting TV anywhere which could allow paying cable subscribers to have access to significant cable content on devices other than just a television.
- TWC TV App for Android Devices Now Features over 4,000 Hours of Video on Demand Programming Posted in Fierce Cable in TWC announcing an update includes out of home access to over 1,100 hours of on demand TV shows and up to 10 channels of live programming. It is of note because it represents the realization that the cable of the future is through apps.
- Services Battle Shifts to the Home By Mari Silbey, on MSOs putting substantial effort in developing the home services market including home automation, security systems etc…
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Six Technology Trends Revolutionising The Hospitality Industry By Calum McIndoe, looks at why SaaS, mobility, social media, personalization, service integration and globalization are impacting the hospitality industry.
- Deloitte Survey: Mid-Market Executives Anticipate Growth Yet Continue to Cite Government as Biggest Obstacle Released by Deloitte, suggests that companies are ready to grow but are being held back by potential tax law changes and difficulty in obtaining financing.
- Smoke Travels to Non-Smoking Hotel Rooms, Study Shows By Kim Painter, verifies what is commonly known in that smoking residue from smoking rooms can be found in non-smoking rooms. This makes cleaning and maintenance needed on a more frequent basis.