Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- CMMS/EAM implementation: Success or failure By Mike Willard, is a must read on the difference in preparation for CMMS implementation can have on an operation. The bottom line is that the more planning and organization the better.
- Palisades leak angers Congressman Upton; new documents show alternative fix for leaky tank By Lindsey Smith, reports on a leak from one the worst performing nuclear plants in the U.S. and how the plant owners (Entergy) prefers not to find the leak and doing repairs. This is a true disaster in the making.
- Knowledge Transfer the U.S. Army Way By Darin Stewart, is an interesting article on how the army is handling after action reviews of data. The principles used can be applied to any organization that collects data.
- McCain is prepping legislation to overhaul pay-TV business By Joe Flint, is relevant not because Senator McCain is likely to be able to push the bill through but because it represents the inevitable change facing the cable industry.
- Cable installer judgment sign of focus on misclassification By Amanda Becker, highlights a common cable MSO issue of misclassifying workers and how the U.S. Department of Labor is getting involved.
- Google Fiber Has a Shot as an Overbuilder By Alan Breznick, discusses why Google may succeed in obtaining customers where Knowlogy and RCN have struggled. The reason is public awareness which of course Google dominates with its internet control.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Undercover at Hotels and on Cruise Ships By Editors of Conde Nast Traveler, find going undercover in the hotel industry is hard work as well as lessons learned from being a housekeeper, front desk clerk and cruise ship staffer.
- Experts pick their favorite historic hotels By Gary Stoller, is cool because when you think about it none of the hotels could make this list without good maintenance and because I worked two summers at Mohonk Mountain House.
- Meet Mintek at HITEC By Stuart Smith, invites hotel owners and management to meet with Mintek at the HITEC convention in June to learn more about asset and energy management.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.