Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- The Best of April Fools 2013 By Stuart Smith M.B.A, M.S., is a list of the top 15 April Fools jokes and pranks from around the world.
- Mobility Underused With EAM, CMMS Data: IFS Study Posted on PlantEnginering, summarizes part of an IFS study indicating that mobile devices are being used effectively for EAM and CMMS systems lowering their effectiveness.
- Is preventive maintenance a second class effort? By J. Stanton McGroarty, CMfgE, CMRP, is best summarized by this quote from him – ” If the maintenance organization gives in to the temptation to routinely perform unplanned maintenance at the expense of PM work, the system will become more and more reactive as missed PM work causes unplanned failures in the production system.”
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- FOURTH QUARTER 2012 INFLATION ADJUSTMENT FIGURES FOR CABLE OPERATORS USING FCC FORM 1240 NOW AVAILABLE Released by the FCC, provides cable operators the calculations they may use for the inflation portion of rate increases.
- Diller-Backed Aereo Beats Network Bid to Close TV Service By Don Jeffrey, reports on the recent Court of Appeals ruling that says AEREO’s transmissions are not considered public performances and would not issue an injunction to stop them opening the door for further expansion outside of NYC..
- 7 Reasons To Sell The Number 1 Cable TV Provider By Sneha Shah, was included because it may be a preview to a future lack of investor confidence as a result of increasing competition , valuation and consumer dissatisfaction.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Top Ten Things Luxury Guests Absolutely Want By L. Aruna Dhir, list of luxury guest wants includes recognition, service, personalization, access to technology, great food and privacy to name a few.
- Understanding required land-use entitlements By Philip Stewart, is the first of a three part series describing various aspects of land-use entitlements for hotel-development projects.
- The Euro zone: One man’s misfortune is another man’s gain By Joseph Fischer, describes how the problems in Europe’s financial markets are good news for American travelers able to capitalize on a very weak Euro compared to the dollar.
- Millennials eye facilities management jobs By Brandon M. Springer-McConnell, reports that the hotel industry is faced with the same shortage of skilled facility engineers as other industries.