Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- What is EAM By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS explains what an EAM is, Who uses an EAM, Why it is needed and how an EAM is used.
- Every day is Earth Day! By Barbara Scott spells out Earth Day for us all to better understand e-waste.
- An economic case for reliability By Ron Stallworth discusses how a focus on reliability can help create a competitive advantage including a decrease in maintenance costs, an increase in equipment uptime.
- IRS Adjusts Deduction Percentages for Energy Improvements By Heidi Schwartz reports on changes (mostly good ones) to IRS deductions available to organizations meeting IRS standards.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cisco’s NDS Acquisition Reflects Cable Industry’s Increasing Focus on Multiscreen Device Market By Tom Morrod on the changing realities for standard set-top boxes as multiscreen devices start to have a greater impact.
- How Industry Analysts View the Changing Tech Marketplace By Jeff Kagan presents an interesting perspective on how technology is changing the cable marketplace and compares the changes to the past.
- Verizon and the Cable Industry Could Destroy the Internet as You Know ItBy Art Brodsky questions whether net neutrality is being done within the cable industry and discuss the impact of the latest telecom/cable deals.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Extra compliance for eco-sensitive development By Patrick Mayock discusses some of the navigation techniques needed to develop hotels in eco-sensitive areas.
- Best Western Is Latest to Partner with Soap Recycler Posted on Clean the World, noting that they are partnered with Best Western to recycle room soaps, shampoos and body washes in order to provide better sanitary conditions in underdeveloped countries.
- Rosewood introduces Fragrance Butler Posted on 4Hoteliers covers a nice innovation (and marketing plus) to counter travel restrictions of liquids.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.