Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Is Microsoft the Future of Facilities and Maintenance Management? By Stuart Smith M.B.A, M.S., checks out Microsoft’s claim of a smart campus and its implications if they can do all they claim.
- MRO Data Key To Unlocking Savings And Efficiency By Heidi Schwartz, discusses why collecting Maintenance Repair and Operations (MRO) data is so very important to operations and how without it lifecycle, maintenance and reliability work is compromised.
- West Fertilizer Plant explosion leaves community devastated By Mike Bacidore, accurately points out that the plant explosion near Waco is not receiving anywhere near the attention of the Boston marathon explosions despite the fact that it did more damage and cost more lives.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Strengthening the Emergency Alert System (EAS): Lessons Learned from the Nationwide EAS Test FCC Report indicating that “of the 2,944 cable headends that filed test report data, approximately 73% reported successful receipt of the EAN and 27% reported they did not receive the Emergency Action Notification (EAN)”.
- That Was Fast: Google Fiber Puts More Pressure on the Cable Guys By Anders Bylund, discusses the increasing pressure Google Fiber is placing on Cable MSOs by their expansion into a third market (Provo, UT) and their very competitive pricing.
- How the next Xbox can win the cable TV war By Scott Stein and Matthew Moskovciak, cover the potential impact that the new Xbox 720, due to be released by Christmas 2013, will have on the ability to stream video perhaps putting another nail in the coffin of traditional cable TV viewing.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Austin goes after coveted convention market By Alissa Ponchione, reports the City of Austin Texas is going after convention business to keep up with its growth but I wonder if it all isn’t part of a bigger plan to market the city now that Google Fiber has chosen Austin as its next city. Being able to offer conventions super high speed network access can be a huge draw for the right event.
- As Las Vegas Evolves, Boutique Hotels Gain By Alison Gregor, discusses the rising influence of boutique hotels in Las Vegas due to changing demographics, socialization changes and a desire to do something other than gamble.
- Cornell study urges hotels to strategically integrate technology A report which urges the hotel industry to focus on industry is integrating technology across the three critical areas of demand generation, multi-channel digital distribution, and profit optimization.