Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- To Be Mobile or Not To Be Mobile By Stuart Smith M.B.A, M.S., This article is intended to help senior management understand the high price of keeping maintenance staff disconnected.
- How designed-in reliability strategies may alter the maintenance profession Posted on PlantServices.com, has selected tidbits from an interview with Klaus Blache about changes to maintenance and reliability over the years as well as where it is headed. Good article.
- Advanced Energy Design Guidance Offered For Large Hospitals By Heidi Schwartz, covers the release of latest guide to help medium and large hospitals cope with the engineering aspect of energy use in hospitals.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- HBO Helped Build the Cable-TV Business. Now it Might Help Break It By Dan Mitchell, discusses why HBO executives are not keen on stopping piracy of its shows and how this actually works against the traditional cable model which seems to be growing in more jeopardy every day.
- Why Google Fiber Is Cable’s Biggest Nightmare By Tim Brugger, reports on Google’s announcement that Austin, Texas would be the next city to roll out Google Fiber. This is a bad sign for cable MSOs as Google has the financial muscle to hit MSOs in their pocketbook.
- Fox threatens to become cable channel amid Aereo dispute By Liana B. Baker, reports on News Corp’s Fox TV network threat to become a cable channel if the courts do not shut down Aereo Inc only proving what a disruptive threat Aereo is.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Rising Supplier Costs = Raising Spa Prices – Part 1By
Leslie,reviews the importance of running a Spa by the numbers and how to pass along price increases to guest.
- Crazy hotels in the pipeline:
under water, in a crater Posted on Tophotelprojects, looksat a few of the more original concept hotels now coming to fruition.
- Outside issues create labor situations By Harvey Chipkin, notes that hotel salaries are ahead of inflation for the first time in 5 years and that the skill level is also increasing.