Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- A CMMS Will Improve Hospital Sustainability By Stuart Smith MBA,MS talks about the role of maintenance in developing hospital sustainability initiatives and their impact on profitability.
- Enterprise Asset Management Success posted on lifetime reliability solutions discovers the origins of the term EAM.
- A Plain English Guide to Facility & Asset Management Software By Ashley Halligan takes a look at common maintenance acronyms and their definitions.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Tablets as Computers, Tablets as Cable Boxes: Why the iPad Is DifferentBy Tim Carmody looks at the iPad, it’s competitors and even how the iPad can be used as a set-top box strategy.
- Time Warner Cable Targets ITV Ads By Time Of Day By Todd Spangler on how Time Warner Cable Media is now letting advertisers target interactive TV ads to viewers in various local markets based on time of day.
- FCC Seeks More Info on Marketing Partnerships, Spectrum Deal By John Eggerton on why the FCC is requesting more information on the marketing agreements with Comcast, BrightHouse and Time Warner Cable (SpectrumCo) and Cox.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Engineering 101: Maintaining Hotel Maintenance Contracts By Richard Manzolina discusses the high impact responsibilities of a hotel’s engineering team is the administration of maintenance contracts and service agreements.
- International tourism to reach one billion in 2012 Source: World Tourism Organization reports that international tourist arrivals are on track to reach the milestone one billion mark later this year.
- Power shifts in the hotel industry By ITB Berlin 2012 covers the power of brands, safety in hotels and future workforce issues – leading international hotel experts and CEOs to debate the latest trends and challenges at the ITB Hospitality Day on 8 March 2012.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.