Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Green Goods and Services Summary By US Department of Labor reports on employment in Green jobs which now account for over 3.1. million jobs in the USA.
- 79% Of Businesses in Study at Risk Due to Poor Asset Integrity Management Technology Posted on Enhanced Online News covers highlights of an IFS study and the level of EAM technology use.
- Mintek Saves the World By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS extolls the virtue of Mintek’s Transcendent and how it has saved the world from certain doom.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Does Broadband Consolidation Threaten the Open Internet? By Megan McCardle takes a look at both sides of the debate and historical reference points.
- The Nimble Empire: In Defense of Cable By Tim Carmody is a nice analysis on the price of piracy in reference to cable MSO business models.
- Comcast’s Xbox App Raises Net Neutrality Concerns By Jeff Baumgartner reports on reaction to selected Comcast content now available on the Xbox360.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Combating Hotel April Fool’s Pranks By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS covers some of the ways to prevent or quickly handle April Fools pranks for the hotel industry and schools.
- As Pinterest grows, hoteliers begin to follow By Samantha Worgull looks at a new social media vehicle called Pinterest and how it can be used to promote business.
- Keys to successfully reposition a hotel By Jason Q. Freed discusses whether hotel repairs are just putting lipstick on a pig or are substantial enough for a new valuation.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.