Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Powered Assets and Facility Maintenance By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS discusses why paying attention to assets that use cycled power is crucial for energy management, lowering repair costs and capital budgets.
- Energy management for increased profitability By RTS Consulting Inc. on changing the mindset from a fixed cost of production to be minimized to a truly variable cost that can be attacked.
- Take equipment reliability to a higher level By Tom Moriarty explains how a baseball movie plot based on a true story translates to the plant floor.
- The Benefits of Using Computerized Maintenance Management Software By James Cayton is an easy to read article for companies stepping into the CMMS world for the first time.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cable Networks in the US Industry Market Research Report Now Press release by IWBS on their new cable industry report that looks like a good read.
- Cable surpasses telcos in the broadband subscriber race By Sean Buckley on the success MSOs are having against telecommunication giants in signing up broadband subscribers.
- Cisco won’t drop video, says CEO By Russell Grantham on why set top boxes are integral to CISCO plans.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Experience: General vs. Special By Mila Petruk on describing the Hotel experience as a combination of experiences on both emotional and physical recognition levels as well as the role that hotel facilities plays.
- Hotel guest satisfaction scores raise stakes By Forrest Morgeson and A.J. Singh discuss guest satisfaction as critical to hotel success in a tired economy.
- A Horror Story You Should Keep Under Wraps By Glenn Hasek talks about some innovations designed to help hotels protect their assets from bugs.