Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Are you taking the right steps to keep your motors humming? By Mike Bacidore, covers the importance of good preventive maintenance practices such as proper lubrication, testing, cooling, and contamination mitigation to extend uptime of motors.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, City of Boston, Boston University & IBM partner to build a Smarter Planet By IBM, announcing a new project to help build smarter cites and States using asset management software and sensor equipment.
- What Does Enterprise Asset Management Software Do? The article is a good explanation of how enterprise asset management works within the framework of an organization to manage assets from the planning stage through retirement.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Verizon Seeks to Shake Up Fees for TV Channels By Shalini Ramachandran, reports on Verizon’s efforts to partner with smaller and mid-tier media companies to offer subscribers the option to pay for only the shows that they watch.
- Comcast developing ‘magical’ mobile video product with Verizon WirelessBy Steve Donohue, gives an update on the joint lab venture to enable new products and services outside the home on a myriad of mobile devices.
- Set-Top Boxes: ‘I’m Not Dead Yet!’ By Craig Leddy, discusses Comcast’s Reference Design Kit (RFK) that can cut STB development time by more than half and provide a new line of IP devices that offer new services, applications and user experiences.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible – Alpenhof Lodge By Stuart Smith, M.B.A, M.S. reviews how a failure to accept change especially technology can negatively impact the future of a hotel.
- Westin Hotels Announces Global Roll Out of Revolutionary Workspace Concept – Tangent™ at Westin. This is the press release by Westin Hotels and Resorts highlighting their the brand’s new workspace features that will be rolled out to 40 more hotels this year.
- The new kinship economy By IHG, is a research report on trends and expectations in the hospitality industry that suggest ways to redefine this service approach and personalize it to build social relationships with guests at a deeper level.