Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Why All Eyes Are On March Madness Sports Arenas and Stadiums By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., discusses why sports facility management needs to be a non-issue during the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament.
- Converting data to a new CMMS might not be as easy as you think By David Berger, P.Eng., talks about a variety of issues and plans that should be addressed when converting existing asset data into a CMMS.
- BOMA INTERNATIONAL PASSES NEW POLICY POSITIONS ON ENERGY BENCHMARKING AND TAX REFORM Posted on BOMA International passed a new policy position on tax reform, revised its existing position on energy benchmarking and reaffirmed its position in opposition of mandated luminous egress path markings.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- How Comcast, Charter and Time Warner Cable will use TV Everywhere to steal DirecTV and Dish subscribers By Steve Donohue, reports on how MSOs are beginning to use their two-way networks as a competitive advantage over one-way satellite technology to market their triple plays.
- TVs and iPads are like Peanut Butter and Jelly Posted by NCTA, is quick analysis of how mobile devices (iPad) influence the subscriber TV experience.
- Cable’s New Power Play By Derek DiGiacomo, covers the importance of energy management for MSOs who can no longer assume that power will be available when and where it is needed and in sufficient amounts to support video streaming, business services, home monitoring, machine-to-machine communication and other services.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- How NCAA Tournament Hotels Can Impact the Host City’s Image By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., talks about why maintenance in hospitality has to bring their A game in order to help provide a long-term positive image of the host city during the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
- Hotel spas shift focus in new normal By Patrick Mayock, covers a growing industry trend that is likely to become the norm. The trend is to use hotel spas for approved medical treatments covered by insurance carriers. This is a natural fit that help hotel spas added important value to the guest experience.
- Hotel Impossible – Gardenia Resort By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., recaps the most recent episode of hotel impossible what hoteliers can learn from it.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.