Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Top Ten Explanations Why the Lights Went Out at Super Bowl XLVII By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S, is a light-hearted look at last Sunday’s Super Bowl power outage.
- Water Is Your Business By Heidi Schwartz, discusses a new campaign by the National Association of Water Companies and the U.S. Chamber of commerce to address the nation’s decaying water infrastructure.
- Crystal River Nuclear Plant, Owned By Duke Energy, Closing Due To Botched Repairs By Emery Dalesio, reports on how a concrete containment building cracked during a maintenance and upgrade project. This was followed by a 2011 repair attempt resulted in new cracks in other parts of the containment structure.
- Is Poor Maintenance the Reason for the Super Bowl Power Outage? By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S, covers the more serious side of the Super Bowl power problem and how maintenance is a significant issue.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- 75% Have HDTVs, But How Many Are Watching HDTV? By Swanni, reports on a survey showing a dramatic increase in HDTV ownership from five years ago when only 23 percent of homes owned at least one HDTV.
- Comcast Extends Security to Mobile Devices By Cathy Avgiris, on Comcast’s efforts to be first ISP in the nation to offer an Internet safety and security solution for mobile devices.
- Time Warner Cable subscribers, brace for rate hikes By David Lazarus, points out why cable companies are having reputation problems by exceeding the annual rate of inflation for their rate hikes by a substantial margin.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- US payroll tax hike could hit hotels By Stephanie Wharton, takes a look at the possible impact of the 2% payroll tax hike on the hotel industry as it means a lower level of disposable spending dollars.
- Hotel Impossible – Hotels Revisited By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S, reviews the successes and failures of the hotels and lodges featured on Hotel Impossible in their first season and what hoteliers can learn from it.
- Hotel guests hanging up and logging in By Robert Mandelbaum, analyzes a PKF Hospitality Research, LLC report indicating that telecommunications revenue at the average U.S. hotel has declined 79% over the last 10 years.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.