Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- The Workplace Treasure Hunt! By Heidi Schwartz, on how to empower employees to seek ways to conserve resources – ideas that can be simple and nearly cost-free, or complex with long-term payback schedules.
- Choosing In-House or Outsourced Maintenance By Stuart Smith MBA, MS discusses some decision making tools to be used before making maintenance outsourcing decisions.
- Nuclear Industry Receives New Earthquake Data for Central and Eastern U.S. By Nuclear Street News recaps the latest DOE,NRC report on earthquakes probabilities that could affect the nuclear power industry.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Comcast: Solid Media Play By George Liu covers the financial success of Comcast last year being mitigated by its debt burden.
- A New Battle Brews About Old Set-Tops By Jeff Baumgartner reports on the CEA attempting to squash a request by smaller MSOs to sell set-top boxes.
- Maybe It’s an Apple Cable Box Instead By Erika Morphy
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- By Stuart Smith MBA, MS talks about some of the criteria that can be used to make decisions on outsourcing portions of hotel maintenance.
- How Much Time do you Spend Thinking about the Future of your Business?? By Robin Houghton says research shows that the amount of time a CEO gives to thinking about the future is a pretty good indicator of how innovative and successful the company as a whole will be.
- Hotel industry sentiment falls back to reality By Joel Ross discusses that, while the worst is behind us, it is going to be a slow, long slog to once again achieve the revenue per available room and value levels of 2007 and early 2008.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.