Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Tie condition monitoring into RCM and RCA By Bill Hillman CMRP, discusses how to bring in reliability centered maintenance into root cause analysis to assess machine health.
- Blizzard Busting Tips for Everyone By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., provides a checklist that any person or business can use to prepare and react to winter storms.
- Hurricane Sandy: Emergency Preparedness Plans Saved Money, Survey Says By Ed Sullivan, covers a survey indicating that facility managers with buildings affected by Hurricane Sandy said that their disaster planning improved their response.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cablevision-Viacom Antitrust Lawsuit: A Big Deal For The Cable Industry, If Not Your Cable Bill By Christopher Zara, covers a dispute over wholesale bundling, the longstanding industry practice in which media conglomerates force cable companies to carry all their cable networks in one mandatory package.
- Battle heats up over rates for cable providers to use utilities’ power polesBy Duane W. Gang, discusses how a current battle for utility pole access could potentially affect both your cable bill and utility bill. It is significant because it points out the one fundamental operational flaw of the cable industry which could be exploited elsewhere.
- Spectrum Available for Mobile Broadband How the U.S. Stacks Up and Challenges Ahead By Ruth Milkman, Chief, WTB and Julius Knapp, Chief, OET, on the release of a white paper that compiles information on the status of licensed and unlicensed spectrum resources in the United States as well as the importance of additional mobile broadband spectrum, and are taking steps to make more available.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Forbes Travel Guide 2013 Star Award Winners Posted by Forbes is the 2013 list of 4 and 5 Star hotels including hotels in the USA, China, Canada and Singapore.
- Hoteliers face complex union negotiations By Randy Pullen, takes a look at the issues and tactics that hoteliers and labor organizations will be using for the upcoming labor contracts affecting over 100,000 hotel workers across 1,000 hotels.
- Marriott on merging hotel operations with hi-tech for the new digital world order By Pamela Whitby, discusses how Marriott is bridging the gap between the rapid advances in technology with the operations side of the hotel business.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.