Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- The Original Facility Manager Juggler Videos Posted on the builtenvironment is a humorous video about the definition and role of a facility manager.
- Applying Lean Six Sigma to Facilities Management – Pt. 2 By Ken Burkhalter, CFM talks about the integration of lean and six sigma methodologies.
- Maintenance Management Turnaround By Stuart Smith discusses the different management styles needed to bring about the turnaround of failing maintenance operations.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cable closes in on universal support for TV apps By Brian Santo discusses the testing results of the new Enhanced Binary Interchange Format (EBIF) designed to give MSOs a common platform.
- Sorry, America: Your wireless airwaves are full By David Goldman starts the first of a week long series on how mobile devices like iPhones and iPads will bring network traffic beyond its current capacity within just a couple of years.
- SETS Auto Populate Place Field By Rick post the latest product update for EIS the leading cable industry cable warehouse management software.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Plenty of Opportunities Ahead in 2012 By Steve Rushmore talks about how the demand for hotel assets is still expected to remain strong due to an active market by yield-hungry investors and the low interest rate environment.
- Why Saving Hotel Assets Facing Foreclosure is Important By Stuart Smith MBA, MS discusses why stopping or cutting back hotel maintenance is a bad idea pointing out the impact liability and liquidation values.
- Best hotels to work for celebrate employees By Stephanie Wharton talks about the common theme among three companies is a high level of engagement between executives and their employees.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.