Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- NFSA Provides Tips to Protect Fire Sprinkler Systems from FreezingPRWEB, The National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA), reminds facility managers and consumers that it is critical to protect fire sprinkler system piping from freezing starting with an inspection and following up with preventive maintenance.
- How Does the Right Property Manager Enhance The Value of your Property? By Kathleen Richards, on how the right manager notices the details of appearance and function noting that the “right” property managers focuses on Preventative Maintenance, staff availability 24/7 and planning ahead.
- Maintain moving targets with asset management By Sheila Kennedy, discusses the importance of remembering to properly managing portable and drivable assets with all the usual work, asset, and inventory management capabilities.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Comcast Gets Bizzy With Apps By Jeff Baumgartner, reports on how Comcast is beefing up its cloud strategy by offering data backup, date security and file collaboration services with a variety of partners.
- Cable Companies Won’t Allow That Rumored Apple TV Settop Box By Robert Hof, discuses why Apple will have difficulty breaking into the cable pie most notably because they cannot force cable MSOs to give up their interface.
- Cable is taking the fast train to oblivion By Michael Wolff, is more than just a piece foretelling the demise of cable. His article points out that cable MSOs are denying the obvious needs to consumers that drive market change and that they need to change business models or fade away in just a few years.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible – Casa Verde By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., highlights how important leadership and resolve is when managing change in a hotel.
- A New Look at Hotel Guest Rooms By Deirdre Renniers, talks about how hoteliers are moving away from the dull old fashioned hotel room layout to provide a more positive guest experience.
- Where are the new hotel brands? By Ed Watkins, asks why there have been no major new upstarts or new brands in the hospitality industry. Research suggests there is a market demand (boutique hotels) but not a heavy influx of capital.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.