Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Smart grid, smart water and smart buildings Posted by Plant Services, on how one IBM facility with high electrical and energy costs achieved over $750 k in savings using over 60,000 sensors and meters connecting all their systems.
- Design for Reliability Posted by Marshall Institute, provides a brief description on the benefits of Life Cycle Cost Analysis ranging especially for maintenance MRO costs.
- Cutting Costs to Recapture CO2 Posted by New Energy and Fuel, covers breakthroughs in carbonate looping technology that could cut CO2 emissions by more than 90%. Engineering is currently underway on an existing energy plant for test.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cable Industry Claims Next Generation Of Set-Top Boxes Won’t Use More Electricity Than Refrigerators By Chris Morran, reports on agreement between 15 cable MSOs and manufactures that states at least 90% of all new set-top boxes purchased and deployed after 2013 will meet the EPA Energy Star 3.0 efficiency levels.
- 10 things cable companies won’t tell you By Jonnelle Marte, has been included just to balance out my normal cable posts. The article is actually a good read.
- Customers at the center By Jessica Zimet, on the difficulties cable MSOs face trying to become customer service oriented and how they arrived at this situation.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- When will Onity Man-Up About Hotel Locks? By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., asks if Onity realizes the customer disaster they are facing and how it will affect their ability to survive if they do not provide a better solution for customers.
- Do more satisfied guests lead to greater hotel profits? By, PKF Consulting, discusses a recent JD Powers and Associates report indicating that customer satisfaction is directly tied to appropriate hotel staffing and keeping facilities maintained.
- Hotel Impossible – Caribe Playa Beach Resort By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., reviews the first episode of the new season of Hotel Impossible. The week’s episode highlighted how family can cloud good business judgment.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.