Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and title=”Computerized Maintenance Management Software”>CMMS software.
- Successfully Utilizing CMMS/EAM Systems By Terry Wineman is part of a book review that covers choosing an EAM CMMS as part of an overall maintenance strategy.
- Did Poor Utility Asset Management Cause Candlestick Park to go Dark? By Stuart Smith MBA, MS questions asks if PG&E should have done a better job at inspecting assets near Candlestick Park in order to avoid the embarrassment of the power outage that occurred before and during MNF.
- The Maintenance Magic of Santa’s Workshop By Stuart Smith MBA, MS wonders how Santa is able to accomplish so much every year without fail.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Sports, It Seems, Explains Recent Skirmishes in Cable Industry By Amy Chozick discusses how sports programming is fueling cable wars for content and net neutrality.
- New Product Recap: December 2011 By Tim Hills recaps the latest product developments affecting the technology used by MSOs and telecommunication giants.
- Waters Introduces FCC Reform Bill By John Eggerton covers a recent bill intended at preventing FCC decision makers from immediate employment with MSOs (within 1 year) if they participated in a decision affecting the MSO.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Lessons For Hoteliers From Other Sectors By Mario Insenga provides an interesting look at how the Lodging, University and government industries share common asset management problems including sustainability issues.
- Extending the Longevity of Your Costly Carpet By David Grossman makes a classic preventive maintenance point of how $1 of carpet preventive maintenance is worth $25 of carpet replacement cost.
- The 7 steps of hotel innovation By Jim Hartigan talks about the difference between innovation and invention for hotels. It is innovation that keeps a hotel competitive.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.