Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Laundry, the Forgotten Industry By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S.,creates some visibility for the laundry industry by uncovering how energy and labor intensive the industry really is.
- Top 10 barriers to an IWMS implementation By Phil Wales, covers some business basics such setting realistic expectations, managing the change correctly and understanding the product. A good read for any system investment.
- How to Turn Cardboard into a EAM CMMS Document Scanner By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., shows how you can use an iPhone, a cardboard box and a $5 app to scan documents and upload them to any program including a CMMS.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- ACA: FCC Grants Waiver of Home Networking Set-Top Deadline By John Eggerton, reports on a FTC decision that grants cable more time to implement the requirement that they make HD set-top boxes compliant with an open industry standard for home networking.
- Comcast: The Cloud Changes Everything By Jeff Baumgartner, on how delivering services to commercial customers via the cloud is having a transformational effect on Comcast Corp. including
driving up revenue from business services to almost $ 3 billion.
- How Fine Print on Your Bills Helps Big Companies in Taking More of Your Money a Transcript posted on PBS News Hour, sheds a negative light on what is becoming a common but increasingly consumer antagonizing trend of adding small charges to each bill.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Boutique Business Goes From Burgeoning to Booming: By Ed Watkins & Eric Stoessel, is an interesting article on how unique and/or hotels with themed offerings have made inroads into mainstream
hoteliers and are becoming part of many major chains.
- Jury still out on FTC ‘resort fee’ compliance By Jason Q. Freed and Patrick Mayock, explore the if and how hotel owners will react to the FTC investigations and warnings regarding the use of “Resort Fees” as deceptive trade practices.
- How Vulnerable Is Your Hotel Brand?: By Ed Watkins, reports on a new study from cg42 indicating that which major brands are at highest risk of losing loyalty program members as a result of the usual guestroom cleanliness but also at the growing number of little extras that hotels keep adding to bills.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.