Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) 101 By Sev Onyshkevych, discusses what to look for in a data center solution given threat the EPA reports that data centers consume 20 times more energy per square foot than a typical office building.
- Water Risks To U.S. Companies Are Becoming More Acute By Heidi Schwartz, analyzes the CDP U.S. Water Report for 2013 that indicates that the majority of Standard & Poor’s top 500 companies are facing water risks that can be detrimental to their operations.
- 7 Ways Signal Noise Can Impact Your Electrical Equipment By CAS DataLoggers, provides a list of electrical experiences that are probably the result of electrical interference. The problems often lead people to replace equipment when in actuality there is nothing wrong.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Rogers: MSOs want to add Netflix to bundle By Steve Donohue, reviews comments made by TiVo CEO, Tom Rogers who states that more cable MSO’s want to offer Nexflix to pay TV customers as their European counterparts do but are being blocked by Hollywood studios.
- Comcast Trials Aim To Unlock VOD Ad Dollars, Measure TV Binge Viewing By Jeff Baumgartner, discusses Comcast’s efforts to change the way subscribers see content with On Demand Commercial Ratings (ODCR) which would essentially allow Comcast to interject selected advertising in all video on demand content including back episodes.
- Google Chromecast Lands HBO By Mari Silbey, on the adding of HBO Go making it the first cable programmer to integrate with Chromecast. Cable MSOs should take note because the continued success of Chromecast can effect CPE management plans.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Using Eco-Friendly Programs to Unearth Profits By Rob Ulrich, looks at the possible impact of TripAdvisors’s Green Leaders certification program which had 200 million worldwide hits on its website last month.
- Hotel innovators: What’s taking so long? By Jason Q. Freed, writes some advice for getting a better handle of the costs per acquisition when dealing with OTA’s.
- Mobile check-in goes global at Marriott By Marriott, reports that their mobile check-in feature using the Marriott Mobile App is now available in 19 countries. Given that over half of business travelers under 40 use their Smartphone to book a hotel, the rest if the industry will soon follow.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.