Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAMCMMS software.
- More effective work management By Tom Moriarty discusses change management for work
management systems including why is it a good idea to reinvest the savings of a system back into additional improvements.
- Reliability Matters: Planned Maintenance Vs Reactive MaintenancePosted by The Marshall Institute on how personal matters can teach us valuable business decision making lessons.
- Is your maintenance operation in trouble? By Daryl Mather identifies 5 signs that your maintenance operations may be in trouble.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- iPad, Xoom Get First Crack at Comcast’s AnyPlay? By Jeff Baumgartner talks about the test marketing of Comcast’s AnyPlay a CableCARD-based device that transcodes QAM video into MPEG-4 based IP streams for mobile-device consumption.
- Comcast Offers Wi-Fi Gateways To Subs On Fastest Tiers By Todd Spangler covers Comcast’s plans to
rollouta wireless voice and data gateway to attract higher speed broadband customers.
- Verizon to Fight FiOS TV Injunction By Jeff Baumgartner gives a brief overview of the week’s legal and cable industry changes.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Foreclosures an Oncoming ‘Train Wreck’ By Eric Stoessel discusses the impact of the billions of dollars of hotel debt that is coming due in 2012 and the lack of replacement capital available.
- Engineering 101–Getting the Most from Your Engineering DepartmentBy Richard Manzolina, CEOE asks the questions 1) Do general managers really understand what their engineers do? And perhaps more importantly, are general managers getting the highest return on their engineering department investment?
- The fight for guests heats up By Jason Q. Freed talks about a new tool hoteliers can use to steal each others business.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.