Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Creating an Effective Fire Evacuation Plan By Bryan Hill, made the list this week in light of the fire at a Bangladesh garment factory on November 24 that claimed the lives of 112.
- The History of Mobile Phone By Stuart Smith, M.B.A., M.S., takes a look at how mobile phones have impacted industry over the last 25 years and how they might evolve over the next generation.
- Power utilities need integrated, asset lifecycle management solutions By Thiru Vengadan, covers the need to put operations and maintenance on a common system for asset lifecycle management.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- ESPN Streams to the Xbox 360 By Jeff Baumgartner, talks about another inroad into cable CPE being made by Xbox 360 which is now providing live feeds of ESPN channels through cable MSO’s.
- Here’s Why You Will Instantly Dump Your Cable Company To Get Google Fiber By Henry Blodget, suggest Google Fiber will force cable MSOs to upgrade their broadband services.
- Are Second-Screen Apps a Cross-Eyed Idea? By Craig Leddy, explores the prospects for second-screen apps for cable operators and programmers, principally through automatic content recognition (ACR) technologies (interactive applications for TV).
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- The Value of Energy Efficiency to Your Guests and Your Bottom Line: By Andrea Schnitzer, EPA, explains why Energy Start can make hotels more money as well as bring good publicity to hotel owners.
- Employee idea systems spark competitive edge By Kevin Holt, on why it’s nearly impossible for a competitor to see and copy the thousands of small ideas generated by an employee idea system. What’s more, many small ideas usually add up to a competitive advantage that is greater than any single big idea.
- Beach and pool etiquette survey reveals travellers’ waterside code of conduct Posted by TripAdvisor, reports on the results of a travelers survey on the most annoying beach and pool etiquette problems. It also presents an opportunity for hotels and lodges to meet various consumer needs.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.