Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Electrical enclosure vents By Rodney West, P.E., and Alan Manche, P.E., discuss how ventilation openings help maintain component temperatures and prevent catastrophic failures.
- 2012 Lighting Legislation: Seven Myths By Heidi Schwartz talks about the impact of the Department of Energy’s energy efficiency legislation that will go into effect in 2012.
- Giving Thanks to Sport Facility Maintenance By Stuart Smith MBA, MS, takes a lighted hearted look at sports facility maintenance as a reason to be thankful this Thanksgiving.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- U.S. Providers Add Over 635,000 Broadband Subs In Q3? By George Winslow recapping the Leichtman report of over 635,000 new high speed internet subscribers by the top MSOs in Q3.
- NCTA, CableLabs Want Set-Tops To Suck Less Power By Todd Spangler talks about the new initiative by NCTA to lower the power consumption of set-top boxes.
- Cable TV Bills? Not Going Anywhere
The article highlights contrasting opinions about cable TV bills, cord cutting and the short-term future of pay TV
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- The current state of the U.S. lodging industry By Randy Smith talks about that while the lodging industry is in a solid state of rebound their are some significant bumps in the road ahead.
- Past, Present and Future of Select-Service Hotels By Robert Habeeb discusses the evolution of select service hotels from bargain hotels to a growing boutique of upscale hotels.
- Forbes names five-star hotels, restaurants and spas for 2012 By Nancy Trejos identifies the top 57 five-star hotels, 25 restaurants and 30 spas across the globe.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.