Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section, we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMSsoftware.
- Be More Productive with CMMS By Megan Webb-Morgan, talks about how a CMS is becoming an integral part of everyday operations from asset management to human resources.
- The Lost Stepping Stone to the Cloud By Adrian Bridgewater, looks at how EAM relates to IT management and the need to keep the cloud functioning at the lowest cost.
- Frankenstorm is not a Halloween Trick or Treat for Facilities and Homes By Stuart Smith, MBA,MS urges local governments and people to take the then approaching storm seriously by making sure all business and personal assets are accounted for, ready to be impacted and prepared for the response.
In this section, we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Why Cable MSOs Move into Home Security is a Great Strategy By Stuart Smith, MBA,MS discusses how cable MSOs can make use of their existing distribution networks to minimize costs while expanding into the domestic electronic security industry.
- Sandy-Related Repair Costs Could Reach $600M By Jeff Baumgartner, reports that Sandy related damages could cost network operators between $550 and $600 million.
- Women in Cable Telecommunications Reaches Record Membership in 2012 By Women in Cable Telecommunications, reports record membership in a press release eclipsed by Hurricane Sandy news.
Courtesy of STC4blues – Bill Benzon
In this section, we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- 10 occurrences that could ruin a guest’s stay By Adam Zembruski, on how excellent hotel customer service on the small stuff prevents bigger issues.
- Lessons learned from hurricane Sandy Posted by HeBS Digital on the importance of cloud computing to stay online as well as giving back to the community that supports you.
- Government may pick up hotel tab for 34,000 Sandy victims By Susan Cornwell, reports on The Housing Department which said some 34,000 people displaced by Sandy in New York and New Jersey are eligible for short-term government-paid lodgings such as hotels and motels.