Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Could Inspections have Prevented the Indiana Tragedy? By Stuart Smith MBA, MS, reinforces the concept of performing inspections and preventive maintenance as the seasons change and equipment is either being put up for the winter or engaged in use again after being idle for the summer.
- Is your CMMS too complex? By David Berger, P.Eng., covers how to determine of your organization only needs a basic cmms package or one that is more complex. The key is understanding maintenance need before making a decision.
- The Shift from Service Provider to Integrated Alliance Partner By Ken Burkhalter, discusses that as technology progresses the ability for an organization to be technologically proficient in every need is being reduced which is changing the role of a service providers into alliance partners.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Broadcom Joins China’s Cable Gold Rush By Jeff Baumgartner, talks about China’s decision to accept C-Docsis as one of the three access technologies setting the stage for C-Docsis to become a global standard given China’s 10 million modems.
- Holidays become a cable TV industry By David Bauder, covers how cable channels have made the holiday season into a little industry by flooding the airwaves with holiday programming that seems to be start earlier and earlier and with a vast quantity of content.
- Time Warner faces suit over modem rental fee By Jane Kwiatkowski, talks about the recent suit again Time-Warner to prevent them from charging a modem rental fee. The issue becomes significant if the plaintiffs win and could prevent cable MSOs from generating billions in additional revenues.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Global tourism defies numerous crises By ITB Berlin, cites the World Tourism Organisation (WTO)that is forecasting a modest increase in 2013 international tourism despite a global financial crisis.
- Hoteliers review guest safety policies By Stephanie Wharton, reveals that senior management across the hoteliers are safety issues in hotels especially in light of the recent publicity the industry received for having locks that could be manipulated.
- Hotel guests face carbon monoxide risk By Gary Stoller, discusses the results of a USA Today investigation involving more than 1,000 hotel incidents linking 30 of them to high levels of CO2.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.